No one wants to raise a child that is mean and horrible towards others.
As parents, we want to encourage and instil kindness in our children as young as possible to last a lifetime. An easy way to encourage kindness is to read and share books with your children from an early age, which have a central focus on the importance of being kind and the happiness we feel when we are kind to one another.
10 Must-Read Books about the importance of Being Kind:
1. Strictly No Elephants by Lisa Mantchev
2. Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry
3. Nerdy Birdy by Aaron Reynolds
4. The Big Umbrella by Amy June Bates and Juniper Bates
5. The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld
6. Dragon Was Terrible by Kelly DiPucchio
7. Most People by Michael Leannah and Jennifer E Morris
8. The Girl and the Bicycle by Mark Pett
9. Kindness is Cooler, Mrs Ruler by Margery Cuyler and Sachiko Yoshikawa
10. We All Sing with the Same Voice by J. Philip Miller, Sheppard M. Greene and Paul Meisel