Want to utilise your digital marketing skills to benefit a great educational mission?
Education Elephant is seeking a Part-time Digital Marketing and Sales Manager for our Dublin office.
Education Elephant is a growing online e-commerce website with international ambitions to serve Special Needs Educators across the world with superior training courses, educational testing products, networking opportunities and more. Our clients are schools, psychologists, teachers and all those who work with students with special needs in a variety of learning environments.
Our vision is to ensure no educator feels isolated in what can be one of the toughest and most difficult of teaching jobs across the planet: working with young people experiencing mild to severe learning difficulties.
Education Elephant was founded two years ago by the founding educational psychologists behind the successful Irish company, Eirim: The National Assessment Agency. Education Elephant was created explicitly to address the global challenge most Special Needs Teachers face: being able to find a trusted online shop to supply the best in Special Needs tests and resources on one convenient platform.
And now 100s of schools in multiple countries have already responded very well! But we’re in need of a dedicated, talented and passionate digital marketing and sales manager to carry our mission forward as we grow rapidly.
We are looking for someone who is willing to jump in, roll up their sleeves and is eager to play an important role in growing our platform. This person will be used to prioritising multiple sales and marketing tasks on a daily, weekly, and seasonal basis. Responsibilities will include handling customer inquiries, fulfilling physical and digital orders, building and adjusting our offline and online sales and marketing campaigns, products, and channels with enthusiasm, skill and a shared vision to delivering a superior customer experience.
You are looking to make a difference to students and/or teachers lives through the services of a high-quality educational company. You also want to work with a great team, who make it a point to deliver excellent customer support and service.
You are primarily interested in a part-time, central Dublin commitment. (Your schedule will be 20 hours weekly Monday through Thursday ideally). (Please note, if you’re looking for full time right away, please do not apply. For the right person who can perform very well, this could possibly be built into a full time position).
You have 2-3 years’ experience in either a fast-moving startup environment, running a small business, or as part of a digital marketing team with decision-making responsibilities and a track record of success.
You appreciate a small business environment that can be dynamic but not prescriptive in how you spend your day but you are organised and enjoy working both autonomously and collaboratively.
WHAT THIS JOB REQUIRES OF YOU:
- You love updating WordPress sites, but also feel very comfortable learning new technology.
- You have experience with tracking customer data in CRM systems to track sales cycle progress and milestones.
- You are a great writer and can produce blogs, posts, newsletters, ads, and other great content for prospects and customers.
- You work with Facebook Ad and Business Manager, Twitter and LinkedIN in a business context.
- You either have managed others or would be willing to learn to do so, to lead our intern program.
- You are capable of lifting boxes of 20KG, and staying organised to fulfil physical product delivery, namely packing, shipping, tracking, and overseeing timely delivery of books etc. to our customers.
- You enjoy and insist on producing high-quality, accurate work, but are not a perfectionist and can be flexible as needed to make and drive progress consistently.
- You enjoy creative problem-solving, but can also work in a team and collaborate to reach the best solutions by consensus, or simply carry out the owner’s strategies.
- You are equally as comfortable working by yourself, as you are at collaborating with a team that will sometimes be working remotely and sometimes in the office. You make it a point to be productive either way. You are a pro-active communicator if you need input from the team or the owners to get your job done as expected.
- You are comfortable project managing and negotiating with vendors to work within a budget when buying new marketing materials, new inventory or technology solutions.
- You have some experience in managing budgets for work and pride yourself on finding high-quality solutions for good value if asked to make purchases at work.
- You can exercise discretion as you’ll be privy to very sensitive customer data when working in an environment that works with special needs educators and their students’ learning difficulties.
- You have a growth mind-set and love learning and looking out for ways to improve our quality delivery of services and create happy clients.
You will be familiar in general with the following technology types or specific programmes and/or be a fast learner:
- Shipping/ Inventory System (TradeGecko)
- WordPress and plugins (2 websites will need your attention from time to time– www.educationelephant.ie and www.eirim.ie).
- Email newsletter system (Mailchimp)
- Facebook Business Manager and Ad Manager (placing ads)
- Google Ads (placing ads)
- Twitter, LinkedIN
- Course Management and Enrolment System (Corsizio) and basic html (or willing to learn a few basic commands for faster course updating)
- Stripe and Xero for accounting
- Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Powerpoint
NICE TO HAVE:
- Design skills
- Video Production Skills
- Audio Production Skills
- Online course creation/publishing familiarity
- Lead Magnet Creation skills
- Your own opinions and fresh ideas to bring to the table as to how to grow our audience quickly and support them so as to serve more students with Special Learning Needs.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Work within a super friendly, small office environment in central Dublin with caring and fun co-workers, who value high-quality, accurate work, accountability, team-work, integrity and honesty.
- The opportunity to expand your small business management, marketing and sales skills, while learning to grow and build an internationally impactful platform.
- Learn about selling into international education markets from Ireland, to the UK, to the Middle East, Europe and other locations.
- Voice and have your opinions heard and incorporated into company best practices.
- Make a real difference in the actual lives of your educational customers, as well as children.
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule Monday-Thursday with holidays, and competitive pay. 20 hours a week.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and will include a base of €18,000-20,000 depending on experience plus the opportunity to earn bonuses and/or commissions upon reaching/exceeding sales targets.
- Fun office celebrations at Christmas and on other special occasions.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Email the following 3 ITEMS by September 30, 2019 with:
(email subject): ‘PART-TIME DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER ROLE’
to: Geraldine Smythe- email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted on a first-come first-served basis as we are hiring immediately and strongly advise applying right away if this is a good fit for you.
- Please send a 1-2 page maximum CV outlining your credentials, experience, and ability to take this platform and our current customer orders, serve them well, and then grow our customer base significantly in the next 12-18 months.
- In addition: please send a 1-page cover letter explaining why our mission and company could be a good fit for your next professional step
- Please prepare a short (2-minutes or less) prepared video statement explaining what project you recently were most proud of launching or promoting either in work or outside of work that benefited and impacted a number of others (customers, your community, a team you’re on, a charity you work with etc). To help construct a good but succinct story around this so we understand what gets you excited, consider answering the following questions for us in the video:
- What is the group you worked on this project for? What was the project? (Work, community etc)
- What was your role in this project (instigator, participant etc)
- What was the purpose of the project? (Who and how was it benefiting others specifically?)
- How did you specifically amplify the benefits to others/ what was your personal role and impact?
- Why was it good/great to be a part of for you personally?
- Would you do something like this again? Why? Why not?
IMPORTANT! TO SEND YOUR VIDEO SUBMISSION:
Please upload your video to YOUTUBE and set it to PRIVATE then email the video link along with your CV and Cover Letter. We will not accept emailed video files. Thank you for your interest in applying to be a part of the Education Elephant team!