Schools and Educators
Éirim provides high quality psycho educational assessments in a timely manner to schools and other educational institutions, including adult education centres and Youthreach centres, around the country. Below are a list of frequently asked questions which we hope will be of use to you.
Éirim's team of psychologists can respond to your assessment needs quickly and efficiently thus ensuring that you get the help, support and knowledge that you need immediately.
Frequently asked questions:
Does Éirim provide assessments under the NEPS/ SCPA scheme?
Does Éirim provide private educational assessments?
What kinds of assessments does Éirim offer?
Éirim can offer several types of assessment to schools and other educational institutions:
- Diagnostic assessments to provide diagnosis of for example dyslexia, learning disabilities or giftedness. These reports are written in accordance with the Department of Education and Science and the Departments agencies (e.g. the National Council for Special Education and the National Educational Welfare Board) guidelines. The reports may be used to apply for school resource hours and/or examination accomodations / exemptions etc.
- Standard psycho-educational assessments of intellectual ability and attainments to identify possible learning difficulties and to provide schools with recommendations for teaching strategies and methods.
- Group assessments for screening and providing baseline data on whole classes e.g. reading and attainment levels of the class
- Brief cognitive assessments for identifying areas of strength and need and assisting in developing individual educational plans or as supplementary information for other professionals.
- Examination accomodations (RACE) to provide evidence for the granting of reasonable accommodations for students sitting Certificate examinations e.g. scribes, readers, laptops, spelling and grammar waivers.
- Group RACE assessments to assess groups of students for RACE accomodations in order to provide a report for sumission to the Department of Education for the granting of reasonable accommodations for students sitting Certificate examinations
- CAO applications to provide evidence of a learning disability and/or the granting of an exemption of the third language requirements of some colleges.
All of Éirim's assessments are carried out to a very high standard and by a Registered Psychologist.
How quickly does the school get the report back?
All of our reports are posted back to you within 2 weeks and included in these are recommendations and advice for teaching in school as well as recommendations for use at home.
How quickly can a school book an assessment?
Éirim can quickly respond to your requests, providing your staff and children with immediate access to the support and guidance they require. Every effort is made to book all assessments within 4 weeks of their referral to us.
Do clients need to travel to Éirim's Dublin office?
No. We can travel to a location convenient to you; this may be at the student's school, home or at our office in Dublin.
What other services does Éirim offer?
Éirim offers training courses leading to the Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (Level A).